Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Mango and Toothpick Time

Toddler ages: 30 months, 30 months, 4 years

Materials you'll need:
-mangoes
-toothpicks

I love giving the toddlers toothpicks with which to eat their snacks. It teaches dexterity and takes up more time, thus keeping them out of mischief longer. Make sure this activity is highly supervised, as toothpicks can be a choking or poking hazard.

For our mango activity, we cut up mangoes in little tiny pieces, put the pieces on a plate, handed the kids their own toothpicks, and the fun began. It was nutritious, too!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. :) We LOVE mango in this house...my almost 2 year old would probably eat nothing but mango if we would let her.

    We've definitely had at least 30 minutes a day of tv-free time...in fact, we barely watch more than an hour of tv per day. I don't think kids need that much tv time although they clearly do enjoy it. You just have to make it count and watch with them instead of letting it babysit them all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog!! (I posted your button in my sidebar under blogs I stalk lol) I have a couple posts on my blog about NO-TV and trying to spend more time doing other activities! I can't wait to read all your ideas!

    **Tania
    http://myadventures-in-mommyland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete