Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Leading Music Time

Toddler ages: 23 months, 23 months

Materials you'll need:
-youtube

I don't know if this would technically be considered a TV-free activity, because there is an electronic screen involved, but I'll let you be the judge!

If you've read today's post on my regular blog, you know that I was inspired by youtube Mormon Tabernacle Choir videos. But not only was I inspired, the twins seemed to be deeply touched as well! I allowed them to get up onto the stools next to our computer...



...and as they watched the sacred hymns being sung, I began to wave my hands in time to the director's leading. Soon I noticed the twins were trying it, too! Here's one attempt at photographing that event...



It was so fun watching their little faces in awe of the beautiful music...




...and I would encourage you to try this with your little ones! Here are some of the hymns we worked with (click to view)...

The Iron Rod
Come Thou Fount of Many Blessings
How Firm a Foundation
Hooked on Classics

Thanks for listening. :)

2 comments:

  1. Here's another idea...I have a little remote that came with the speakers for my MP3 player, so we'll dance like crazy to the music, and then I'll pause it with the remote. When the music is off, we "freeze!" Then I'll turn it back on and we'll dance some more! It took my two-year old a little while to catch on to the whole freezing concept, but she loved dancing even though she didn't always "freeze" when she was supposed to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun, music and kids equals Magic!

    ReplyDelete