Monday, February 15, 2010

Cup Tower Time

Toddler ages: 24 months, 24 months, 3.5 years

Materials you'll need:
-plastic or polycarbonate cups

The twins absolutely LOVED this activity. First I tried to show them how it was done...


They never did catch on to this method, but invented their own...


When the 3-year-old joined in the fun, he also attempted to show them how it was done....


...but soon tired of that method himself, and opted for horizontal towering, first in groups of four...


...then in groups of eight...


He insisted on looking at his photograph on the camera after the above shot, but became disgruntled when he saw that he wasn't smiling in the picture. "Mom!" he cried, "I'm not smiling! Can you make me smile?!?" I told him that no, I couldn't, but we could try to take another picture with him smiling. Here was the result of that,...


....which was received much more satisfactorily.


Here, as Twin A looks upon his brother's tower below...


...he seems to have a slight case of tower envy, but not for long as adding two cups to the top of the tower takes care of evening things out...


Really, this was great fun. Hope your toddler(s) enjoy this as much as mine did!

4 comments:

  1. They are so cute, and "mum make me smile" has no price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the industrial cups! Where did you get them? Do they hold upt to being toppled? We are looking for something similar! And Red is our Kitchens accent color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, I got them at Sam's in the restaurant supply section. I LOVE that section! They don't always have red, sometimes clear, but we got lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and yes, they stand up to being toppled many times over!

    ReplyDelete