Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Toy Box Time

Toddler Ages: 22 months, 22 months, 3.5 years

Materials you'll need:
-your toddler's toy box and toys

When was the last time you sat on the floor with your toddler(s) and just played with their toys with them? Usually I get out the toy box when I need to get something done and want to distract the little angels, but today, I decided to sit on the rug and join them in their play.

Currently I am visiting my mother, and I have misplaced my camera cord somehow, so am not able to upload the photos I took of this event, so I will just try to paint word pictures.

First I sat and "wowed" as the 3-year-old arranged portions of his car racetrack onto an end table and pushed his cars down the track into the toy box below. 

Then I clapped as the twins played with their Busy Ball Popper...





This is one of my favorite toys, but actually keeping the balls with the machine is the challenge. Even so, if you CAN keep the balls together, it is totally worth it, as a stream of air pops the balls up into the air, then down the slide, accompanied by the sound of "agitato" classical music!

We then played with a toy that flashes and spins, talked on the toy cell phone, and many other random things.

This activity took no extra preparation, not too much effort and we spent quality time together. I'm going to do this much more often!

Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment